- To be used as a resource for those finding themselves in need of food.
- To be used as a supplement and not as sole support of weekly food supplies.
- To be used as a temporary resource during financial difficulties or emergencies.
- A government agency.
- To be confused with the U.S. Department of Agriculture's system of food vouchers.
- A part of county or state welfare programs but does work in cooperation with these
- Reserves the right to keep a record of information on a data system of each household
- Reserves the right to investigate the level of need of each recipient.
- Reserves the right to extend or limit the use of visits of each household.